The program seeks to…
- encourage healthcare professionals, medical educators, patients and their family members to define methods for incorporating writing, humanities, and the arts into medical education, patient and self care, and/or professional development schemes.
- identify the role that writing, humanities, and the arts can play in such activities.
- identify avenues to pursue that can improve their creative or reflective writing; describe and utilize the mechanics of writing for publication.
Upon completion of this conference the participant will be able to…
- Identify tools to enhance their understanding of medical education, patient and self care, and/or professional development needs.
- Discuss the ethical, emotional, and psychological requirements of these needs.
- Describe methods that can be used to increase the well-being and communication skills of medical learners, healthcare provider, patients and family members.
- Examine publication practices.
Submit your presentation proposal here.